Makers and businesses looking to use the FabLab regularly can become FabLab members, this includes training on all equipment, which can then be hired at hourly rates during opening times.
As a member you will be inducted on any machines you wish to use, and once a volunteer has supervised a couple of your sessions on a machine and is happy that you are competent you can book to use the machines independently.
Who can become a member?
Anyone over the age of 16.
How do I join?
We have two great locations that you can join at!
Please join at the location that you would mainly like to use.
Exeter FabLab: Call 01392 407027 during office hours to pay your joining fee by debit card payment or come into the FabLab during opening hours to pay by cash or card.
Barnstaple FabLab: Come into Barnstaple Library and speak to a member of staff who will be able to help.
What does it cost and what is included?
We have a variety of FabLab memberships at our FabLab locations
- Individuals 12 month membership – £72.00
- Barnstaple FabLab offers a pay by machine membership – £20.00. Please discuss your requirements with our Digital Making Tutor at Barnstaple if you are interested in this option.
- Business non profit – £100.00
- Business profit making – £150.00
Business membership includes two people-£50 per additional member.
To find out more and become a member please contact us via: email@example.com or drop by the FabLab during opening hours.
Makers and businesses looking to use the FabLab regularly can become FabLab members, this includes:
- FabLab Induction and orientation
- Training on all equipment (unless pay by machine induction)
- Use of the machines independently
- Digital Tutor and Volunteers on hand to support you and share their knowledge
- Members pay an annual fee upfront. This includes separate inductions on the machines and subsequent supervised sessions to enable members to become independent and competent.
- Membership is for 12 months, renewal reminders will be sent via email.
- Machines can be booked by the hour(s) by emailing the following:
For Exeter FabLab email firstname.lastname@example.org
For Barnstaple FabLab email email@example.com
(Please allow 24 hours to receive a response. If you want to use a machine at short notice you can drop by the FabLab and if a machine hasn’t been booked you can book it in person.)
Access to the lab during opening times – currently 24 and 30 hours a week. (Please check the opening times as we operate a fortnightly calendar and are closed for public workshops on Mondays, alternate Fridays and alternate Saturday morning from 1pm. Opening times may also be adjusted over school holidays when we run additional workshops).
Please note materials and machine time is paid separately each time you use it. You are encouraged to bring in your own materials for the Denford and the laser cutter but please check the machines for a list of safe materials.
FabLab Devon offers an opportunity for individuals to develop their digital fabrication skills and share learning with other FabLab members and volunteers. It offers the ability to rapidly prototype and test new creative methods. You might use the lab to prototype for business, to add to a design as an artisan maker, for craft, as a hobby, or to learn new skills and meet people with similar interests. We hope to see you in the FabLab soon!