Makers and businesses looking to use the FabLab regularly can become FabLab members, this includes training on all equipment, which can then be hired at hourly rates during opening times.
As a member you will be inducted on any machines you wish to use, and once a volunteer has supervised a couple of your sessions on a machine and is happy that you are competent you can book to use the machines independently.
Who can become a member?
Anyone over the age of 16.
How do I join?
We have two great locations that you can join at!
Please join at the location that you would mainly like to use.
Exeter FabLab: Email the team at email@example.com and we can arrange for membership to be paid online or in person when you come in for your first induction. Please don’t turn up – everyone currently needs to be booked in.
Barnstaple FabLab: Come into Barnstaple Library and speak to a member of staff who will be able to help.
What does it cost and what is included?
We have a variety of FabLab memberships at our FabLab locations
- Individuals 12 month membership – £72.00 for one year.
- Student Membership (25% off) £54.00 for one year.
- Barnstaple FabLab offers a pay by machine membership – £20.00. This membership is only valid for 3 months. Please discuss your requirements with our Digital Making Tutor at Barnstaple if you are interested in this option.
- Business non profit – £100.00 for two people for one year (£50 per additional person)
- Business profit making – £150.00 for two people for one year (£50 per additional person)
To find out more and become a member please contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FabLab Induction and orientation
- Training on all equipment (unless pay by machine induction)
- Use of the machines independently (during our opening hours)
- Digital Making Tutor and Volunteers on hand to support you and share their knowledge
- Members pay the membership fee upfront. This includes separate inductions on the machines and subsequent supervised sessions to enable members to become independent and competent.
- Membership is for 12 months, renewal reminders will be sent via email.
- Once your machine inductions have been completed, you can book a machine (by the hour) for a machine charge e.g. laser cutter is £10 per hour.
For any machine bookings, please email: email@example.com – please ensure you state which site in your email.
(Please a few days for a response – our Digital Making Tutors both work part-time). If you want to use a machine at short notice you can drop in to the FabLab and if a machine hasn’t been booked you can book it in person.
For our current opening times please see our About page.
Please note that machine charges per hour and any material we supply need to be paid for on each occasion you book in. You will need to source your own materials for the Denford router and the laser cutter but please check the machines for a list of safe materials.
FabLab Devon offers an opportunity for individuals to develop their digital fabrication skills and share learning with other FabLab members and volunteers. It offers the ability to rapidly prototype and test new creative methods. You might use the lab to prototype for business, to add to a design as an artisan maker, for craft, as a hobby, or to learn new skills and meet people with similar interests. We hope to see you in the FabLab soon!